Version 1.1 of the Flight Log is now live.
On the old version of the flight log, I had a rudimentary display of routes – the Show Flight page would list all sections and trips that shared the same route. There was, however, no easy way to see which routes were the most flown. Consider that solved, with my new Routes page!
Clicking on any of the routes brings up details about that route:
Of note, the page shows the most popular airlines, aircraft, and classes flown on the route. The trip sections and trips sharing a route have been moved here from the Show Flight pages:
The same airlines, aircraft, and class lists were added to the Show Tail, Show Airport, Show Airline, Show Aircraft, and Show Class pages as appropriate.
I also updated the home page. Instead of what was essentially a link to the Flights page, the home page now shows my primary flight maps, and my top 5 routes, airports, aircraft, airlines, and tail numbers:
In addition, under each of the top 5 lists, the home page shows the totals for the various statistics I track. No more extra clicks are required to see how many airports I’ve visited!
Speaking of airports, the Show Airport page also got a snazzy new listing of top destinations:
This table also links to the new Show Route pages.
Routemodel, including Index Routes and Show Route views.
- Summary tables to various Show views.
- Aircraft, airlines, and classes to Show Route views.
- Origin/destination airports, aircraft, airlines, and classes to Show Airport views.
- Airlines and classes to Show Aircraft views.
- Aircraft and classes to Show Airline views.
- Airlines and aircraft to Show Class views.
- Classes to Show Tail views.
- Rewrote the home page to show flight maps, and top 5 lists and counts of routes, airports, aircraft, airlines, and tails.
- Updated logos and icons for high-DPI displays.
- Switched Tails and Classes on the main navigation bar.
- Minor bug fixes.